of the international photo exhibition
with the theme of speleology
– Slovak Museum of Nature Protection and Speleology
– Slovak Speleological Society
– Slovak Caves Administration
– Town Liptovský Mikuláš
2. Participation is conditioned on respecting the contest rules.
3. Each author can send at most 5 photographs in one contest category.
4. Categories and prizes:
A. Cave Beauty – photos illustrating the beauty of cave spaces and peleothem details.
B. Speleo-moment – reportage photos from speleological activities and expeditions
They will be chosen 3 best photographs of each category and award the Grand Prize of Speleofotografia Contest 2016. Another prize will be award by votes on social network. Authors will win valuable prizes.
5. Participation is free of charge.
6. Photographs have to be sent via on-line form on the website of contest (a longer side min. 3,000 px, a file size till 5 MB, .jpg format). Pictures sent on CD, negatives or diapositives will be not accepted.
7. Files have to be named in the following manner: “category-author’s name-sequence number.jpg“ (example: A-Schmith-1.jpg), and an on-line entry form for each picture have to be added on www.speleofotografia.sss.sk. Names of photos must be in English language.
8. By infilling the entry forms participants confirm ownership of copyrights for photographs, and give assent to using them for presentation on the exhibition and organizer’s web side as well as social network and media propagation concerning the exhibition. Exhibited photos will be not sent to authors; they will stored in the organizer’s archive.
9. The jury will select 100 photographs that promote to another round. They will be exhibited at the vernissage and printed in a size 30 x 40 cm on organizer’s costs for exhibition purposes. They will be issued in Speleofotografia 2016 cataloque and sent to the authors of pictures inside.
10. The jury consist of experienced cave photographers:
Pavol Kočiš (Slovakia; Chairman of the jury)
Antonio Danieli (Italy; Member of the jury)
Roberto F. García (Spain; Member of the jury)
Rémi Flament (France; Member of the jury)
Alan Grosse (USA; Member of the jury)
11. Deadline for sending the photos: September 20, 2016.
The jury will select the photos from September 20, 2016 till October 10, 2016. Contest results will be announced at the exhibition vernissage, held in Liptovský Mikuláš, School Street 4, on November 2016 and they will be available on www.speleofotografia.sss.sk.
12. Organizers and jury members cannot participate in the exhibition as authors.
13. The jury decision regarding awards cannot be changed.
14. Awards will be handed over by an organizer’s representative at the exhibition vernissage or sent via mail on winner’s adress.
15. Organizers are not responsible for damages caused by breaking the exhibition rules from the side of participants (e.g. sending of photographs without ownership of copyrights).
Ms. Mária Ošková – firstname.lastname@example.org +421903814878 (cell); +421445477242 (office)
Mr. Lukáš Vlček – email@example.com +421940 807327 (cell)
Mr. Pavol Staník – firstname.lastname@example.org +421903256953 (cell)